Saturday, March 29, 2014

Daily Paintworks Challenge

Here's my first attempt at a landscape. Can you identify this North Shore state park? Maybe the root beer like wild flow at the river's mouth is a good hint.



Submitted this to the Daily Paintworks weekly challenge, my first submission to that website (free to do this). The weekly challenge can give some ideas of things to try out. This week's challenge was painting with only three colors and white, which is easy if you set aside one of the phthalo blues!

Anyone know how to best photograph one's painting?

Excited to see everyone's works!

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Gina said...

Craig that looks great! You totally have your own "style" going already. I asked around about photographing pictures and was told in the middle of the driveway on an overcast day is good, or in the shade on a sunny day. I've had good luck with this (better than indoor photographing).

 
At March 31, 2014 at 7:22 AM , Blogger cmlanphear said...

You definitely capture the North Shore and I especially love the lake and sky. I have been to a number of those parks but I don't know which this is -- is it connected with the Root Beer Lady? I was thinking she was in Ely. I'm going to guess Tettegouche.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home